Saturday, March 01, 2008

Say it ain't snow....

...Again.

Ya, I get it. I know I live in the Northeast, Maine to be exact, but come on, more snow? This is the most ridiculous winter I can remember in years. I believe the weatherman on my local news last night stated that this storm will be the 22nd storm of the season. 22nd!!!

The two lane roads are more like one and a half lane roads now because there is just so much snow, there's no place to put it anymore. All of the roads are getting narrower and narrower. Along with driveways and let's not even talk about sidewalks. What are those?

The plus side to having a dreadful winter like this is the snowmobilers, skiers and ice-fisherman are in peaceful winter-bliss.
On the down side, which happens to be where I stand, this is just dreadful. The kids will all be going to school until July since they've long since used up their allotted 5 'snow days'. Driving stinks, it's cold, it's messy, the salt solution that's put on the road does nasty things to your car and your clothes since it seems to get everywhere. Town budgets are scrambling since no one had enough money or manpower set aside in their budgets for the amount of snow we've received this year.

In case you haven't figured it out by now...I don't like winter in the Northeast. I never have and I can guarantee you I never will. I'm not fond of being cold, I don't ski, snowboard, ride snowmobiles or ice-fish.

Right now, I'm dreaming of a nice, sandy beach, the hot sun warming my skin, the smell of tanning lotion in the air, a pina colada in one hand and a hot, steamy romance in the other...and then I wake up and see nothing but white. Grrr!

So tell me, what do you do to get through the long winter months that just don't seem to end?

C-
Note-These pictures are from back in December, when it was still kind of pretty when it snowed.

No comments:

RWA Conference - Dallas 07